Friday, April 15, 2011

Enjoy The Little Things

Hi everyone! Heather here... I talked to Jessica last night and she agreed to let me post on the blog this morning. I thought it would be fun to share the last few layouts that I made with the April "Enjoy The Little Things" kit and add on. 

1: Waiting for Spring


Journaling: Lady loves being outside now that it's getting warmer. 2/2009 

To create the mottled effect on the chipboard butterfly I painted it with light blue paint and then sprayed it with a darker blue Maya Mist. Then I added black stickles around the edges to make it pop off of the page. I added a few teal pearls from my stash. This layout is based on Pencil Lines sketch # 232.

2: Laugh Out Loud 


Journaling: The 3 of you make me laugh out loud all day! 6/2010 

The teal pearls and few flowers came from my stash. I based this page on Susan Stringfellow's sketch #56. I am sorry the photo isn't the greatest. I had a hard time capturing the colors of this one accurately. This is as close as I got!

3: When We're Home


Journaling: Seeing you so down and depressed breaks my heart. When we're out in public you put on a different face. You smile and pretend to be happy but when we're home you feel safe enough to let it all out. Sometimes your mood swings disrupt the whole house. We try to understand that it's your bipolar disorder that makes you act this way. 

The teal pearls and brown cardstock were added from my stash. I based this layout on Sketch Inspiration's sketch #214. 

4: The Love Birds


I've loved this photo of my great grandparents ever since my grandma found it online on a genealogy site. I highlighted them by cutting out the center of a journaling spot to circle them. They look so happy and in love here. 

Journaling: My great grandparents Merlin + Aline at the Longman family reunion. 

The flowers and lace are from my stash. The yellow twine is from the March Scraptastic Club kit called "Princess For A Day". I based this last layout on a sketch that I made. I was sketch happy this month! It makes scrapbooking so much quicker when you've got three small kiddos running around shrieking!

2 comments: